Join a world leader with a great culture and team environment!
If you are passionate about science, technology, developing life changing medical devices, enjoy a challenge, and looking for a change in location, then this is the opportunity for you!
Ellex Medical, part of the global LUMIBIRD Medical Group, are a high-tech, ophthalmic medical device company with more than 30 years of success in developing and marketing new technologies. We design, manufacture and market a premium line of equipment to diagnose and treat a range of eye diseases. Our R&D and state of the art manufacturing facilities are in Mawson Lakes (Adelaide, South Australia), Slovenia and across France. Our technologies and products are world class and used in clinics and hospitals throughout the world.
Located in Adelaide Australia, we have several exciting opportunities for experienced persons to develop our future ophthalmic laser systems. You will work alongside a highly skilled and diverse R&D team, using your knowledge and skills to develop the necessary software, embedded firmware, and associated hardware. This includes the development of embedded real time applications, AI diagnostic tools, image processing and software algorithms for creating intelligent systems. Opportunities are also available for persons developing Windows PC based GUI applications, client/server applications, cloud-based billing, data registries and similar across the full product life cycle form initial concept through to clinical based product validation.
- Undertaking design and analysis of software and associated hardware systems incorporating client/server, PC, micro-controllers, IOT communications, sensors, and device drivers as part of a project team.
- Develop system / sub-system architectures and specifications.
- Software module design and coding, and participation in code reviews.
- Unit testing, sub-system testing and system level testing for products being developed by the Engineering group.
- Prepare and present technical proposals of possible solutions for peer review and ensure the successful completion of approved concepts either directly or by working with the other electronic / software designers in the Engineering group.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Proven knowledge and proficiency in the use of C# or C++ programming languages.
- Have relevant experienced in software development.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle.
In addition, some or all the following skills are desired:
- Experience developing software for medical domain or other safety critical devices.
- Experience in vision systems and image processing (recognition) algorithms.
- Experience in interfacing with embedded peripheral hardware such as sensors, cameras, analogue to digital converters, motor drivers, encoders, photodiodes, etc.
- Experience in the design of user interfaces, particularly with WPF and Qt.
- Understanding of feedback control systems.
- An understanding of cybersecurity principles.
- Ability to effectively use TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Experience in Python coding, embedded Linux and/or RTOS.
Ellex Medical has an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are in Technology Park Adelaide, surrounded by several high-tech companies and industry leaders. We offer a collaborative team environment, attractive remuneration package and are willing to support your relocation.